Friday, January 5, 2007

...Me as King Lear

I know they say that by the time you're chronologically old enough to play Lear, you're likely to be too old to summon the energy the role requires. But it still seems a bit perverse to have someone as young as Kevin Kline playing the old king. I like the sound of this Sondheim score, though! Starobin, as you geeks probably already know, is the orchestrator he worked with on Sunday in the Park with George and Assassins. And I don't think we need to go into director James Lapine's credits working with Sondheim. So I'm looking forward, even though I expect the run to sell out the day the tickets go on sale.

Speaking of Off-Broadway successes, The Little Dog Laughed will be ending its Broadway run Feb. 18. Still plenty of time to see it if you're interested!

No comments: