Monday, April 23, 2007

When you know what you want, then you go and you find it and you get it

I owe thanks to Betz for passing on that Beatles/Shakespeare clip, and I owe her even bigger thanks for her assistance with this weekend's wedding-planning chore: finding a dress! I thought that would be the biggest hassle of all, despite my intentions of keeping it simple. But Betz alerted me to a sample sale happening this weekend, and I liked what I saw of the designers' collections online, so I figured it would be worth a shot. (Especially since this was a "make an appointment" kind of sample sale, not a "get in line at dawn and be prepared to throw elbows" kind of sample sale.) Long story short: I ended up buying the first gown I tried on: it's gorgeous, it fits perfectly (except for the length, which is easy enough to fix), and it was deeply discounted. I felt like Sir Robin after watching Lancelot answer the 3 questions posed by the keeper of the Bridge of Death: That's easy!

Once I'd paid for the dress and zipped it into its garment bag, we took it uptown in a cab, of course. Doing otherwise might have made for a great "subway story," but I wasn't about to take any chances just for the sake of this blog. My dedication only goes so far. As for the dress itself -- well, I'm not going to try to describe it, because I'd probably fall asleep somewhere in the middle of "tulle" this and "A-line" that. But I can give you a link! When I got home, I discovered I had bookmarked that very page, with the title: "I love this dress." And I must say, I love it even more now that it took me all of half an hour to find and purchase it. Bring on the accessorizing!

No comments: