Monday, October 22, 2007

Private Practice recap: episode 4

Violet...sees an opportunity to bring the conversation around to Cami and her obsession with same. "I don't even want kids, but the thought of my ex's new wife having one? It's making me nuts!" "No, it's better to know. Just get through it," says Addison. Do I even need to point out that this response doesn't track, logically? You know how sometimes the directions you get from MapQuest will tell you to make a turn you can't actually make, because there's no bridge or intersection connecting the roads? That's what the dialogue on this show is like, constantly using imaginary bridges to get from point A to point B.
Read all about it at TWoP.

2 comments:

kate said...

Just wanted to let you know that the actress who played "Sylvie" (Debra Mooney) on the last episode of PP is only NINE YEARS OLDER than Tim Daly. She was born in 1947, he in 1956.

I believe that Tim Daly made a pact with the devil.

Mollie said...

Wow -- that is shocking. Your satanic pact theory has much merit. (I think artificial hair coloring may have a lot to do with it, too.) Thanks for letting me know! I'll try to avoid reinforcing the Hollywood double standard in future recaps...