Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lipstick Jungle recap: episode 2

Looks like we won't be seeing Private Practice again till fall -- I know, I know, I'm really broken up about it -- but Television Without Pity fans, take heart: this week I covered Lipstick Jungle for TWoP. It's like Sex and the City, but dumber!
So I'm guessing that the title of Nico's Vanity Fair-esque magazine, Bonfire, derives from the phrase "bonfire of the vanities." Which is funny, because if you were going to conduct an actual bonfire of the vanities, this show would be the first vanity object you'd toss on the fire (followed, possibly, by Candace Bushnell herself). Right now Savonarola's ashes are stirring angrily in their watery grave.
Read the recap to see how else I occupied my brain while watching this show.

No comments: