Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The king of wishful thinking

One of the handful of TWoPpers discussing the Tony telecast posted a link to Lin-Manuel Miranda's YouTube channel, which is how I found this. Required viewing for In the Heights fans, and for anyone who was once 9 or 10 years old.


Make sure you watch till the end; it keeps getting better. I second the thoughts of the commenter who said, "Oh. My. God. Now I love him even more."

Of course, after I watched this, the song was stuck in my head for the rest of the day, and I had to look up the name of the band. Could you come up with "Go West"? Their other big hit was "Faithful," which I remembered as soon as I heard the opening notes. Wikipedia says "The King of Wishful Thinking" came out in 1990, by the way, so the video's date is a little too early. Not that this makes it any less awesome.

No comments: