Saturday, December 5, 2009

Are we still talking about that?

Here is a partial list of things I thought would go away if I just kept ignoring them:
  • The Harry Potter craze
  • The television show The Hills
  • John Mayer
  • Those Geico ads with the cavemen
  • Twitter
  • "News reports" about Tiger Woods's car accident/alleged affairs
Obviously, this strategy is not panning out as I'd hoped. I suppose it must work for me sometimes, but I can't think of examples. (If I could, it wouldn't have worked!) All I know is, every time I walk past a newsstand, or flip past a cable news channel, or open a browser window with an AP feed, I see something about Tiger Woods and I think, "...That's still a thing we're talking about? Really?" And yet here we are. The culture is leaving me behind once again.

No comments: