Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So fix it, dear Henry

I wish I had something inspiring or exciting or polarizing to say today, but I'm preoccupied with wedding planning, working and, of course, managing my newfound fame (or, to be more accurate, the recent and slight reduction in my obscurity). I haven't even had a chance to read and dislike anything in the new New Yorker. So I'll offer a link instead, a link that I hope will appease you... unless I'm the last person on the internet to find out about This Is Broken. This website is the best reason I have come across for owning and carrying a digital camera. It would be my new favorite thing on the internet if it weren't for the snarkless aridity of the posts, and the curiously humorless folks who take the time to comment (and bicker over what "broken" means). So I am linking in hopes that some of you smart, funny, time-wasting people might head over there and improve things.

Even though the whole point of this post is to give me a chance to move on to the rest of my to-do list, I now find myself watching a 20-minute video presentation by the website's founder, Seth Godin. Three minutes in, he notes how annoying it is that people post comments on his websites to argue about the "broken" verdict. I love this guy.

No comments: