Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just when you thought I couldn't get any cooler

So, remember when I joked that Hilton Als must be happy Audra McDonald is back on television? Well, now I'm happy, too. Because it turns out I'll be one of Private Practice's most faithful viewers.

"Why?" I hear you asking. "Do you love Grey's Anatomy that much?" Not exactly. But I do love Television Without Pity -- don't you? And hey, somebody has to recap this show, so it might as well be me!

Yes, it's true, I am now a TWoP recapper. (I told you I was watching Grey's for work!) And I'm so darn proud of myself, I'm not even hiding behind a clever pseudonym. Private Practice is my first assignment, and I'm not sure how I'll feel about the show, but I'm very glad Audra will be sharing this journey with me.

So that's one reason I've been busy: the show premieres this week. (It's a Grey's Anatomy spinoff, for those not in the know -- you may have seen the commercials where the redhead dances around naked.) If you miss it Wednesday nights, you can look for my Thursday morning recaplet to fill you in on the basics. And whether or not you tune in, I hope you'll enjoy my detailed, likely-to-be-snarky recaps. For now, my writeup of last week's promotional special will get you up to speed on all things Addison. If I'm doing my job, it will also make you snicker.

No comments: