Sunday, July 27, 2008

Words fall through me

"This is the strangest cross-over between the Worthiverse and reality that I think I've ever seen."

So says Wanders, who blogs daily about Mary Worth, and I am inclined to agree. I'm guessing you haven't thought about this at all, but say you were to construct a speculative Venn diagram of "People who are familiar with the movie Once and/or independent Irish rock band the Frames" and "People who are familiar with Mary Worth (in a nonironic fashion)." You would probably project a very, very small overlapping space (which I guess you would label "Mary Worth readers who might recognize the song 'Falling Slowly'"). And yet Mary Worth herself is an enthusiastic Glen Hansard fan, if the July 27 strip is to be believed. Truly, we live in interesting times.

No comments: